Monday, April 9

another landmark: the first purchase!


Here's a picture of my first to splurges for the little one... I was actually quite nervous about buying something for someone that isn't even here yet, but I couldn't resist just doing SOMETHING to make it all seem more real somehow...

The toy on the left is handmade and 100% lambswool - and before you say anything let me say one word... DIVERSITY... I want to surround it with as many different kinds of beings as possible, not just your standard blonde, baby-shaped ones... Anyway, I think its really cute, and kinda friendly... The one on your right was the first buy - it rattles when you shake it and I thought its belly button was ace...

I also have a really great set of hand-knitted animal finger puppets to tell stories with - courtesy of Spitalfields Market for a quid each... I've had them in a paper bag for ages in a drawer and now I've found a use for them! METAL!

My favourite online shop of the moment is one full of vinyl transfers for the walls - Dan and I have some in our toilet already - and they have a brilliant selection for little monsters' rooms - and I'm looking forward to doing up the spare room with these when we get back from Oz!

1 comment:

krle said...

These are so cute! good choices :)